Calm returned to the streets of the Indonesian capital early Thursday after a second night of clashes between security forces and protesters angry over Joko Widodo's second-term victory.
In a video posted on Twitter, Former general Prabowo Subianto, who threatened to contest the result of the election, urged his supporters to leave peacefully. "I beg you to return to your homes to rest, avoid any actions that would break the law," he said.
Prabowo's political party, Gerindra, also took to Twitter to warn supporters that their action was causing them more damage than good, adding that the authorities were trying to blame them for the riots.
Earlier, Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said six people were killed in the first night of rioting, with more than 350 people treated for injuries.
The unrest followed an announcement by the General Election Commission confirming that Widodo had beaten his challenger, in the April 17 poll, with a 55.5 per cent lead.
The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.
Russia launched a barrage of drones in an overnight attack on Ukraine on Friday, killing at least four people and injuring 35 in the northeastern city of Kharkiv, regional officials said.
Myanmar's junta leader attended a regional summit in Bangkok on Friday, a week after a massive earthquake devastated parts of the impoverished war-torn country, killing more than 3,100, and spurring an appeal for help by the United Nations chief.
Hackers targeting Australia's major pension funds in a series of coordinated attacks have stolen savings from some members at the biggest fund and compromised more than 20,000 accounts in A$4.2 trillion (AED 10.3 trillion) retirement savings sector.