Oman will ease a curfew imposed to combat the spread of COVID-19 by reopening public buildings, malls and restaurants and resuming public events.
Shops have been closed and commercial activities shuttered between 8:00 pm and 4:00 am since May.
They will reopen on Saturday but from September 1 vaccination will be mandatory to enter government and private sector establishments.
Vaccination is also being introduced as a condition for people entering Oman, on top of an existing seven-day quarantine requirement, a government committee tasked with coordinating efforts against the pandemic said on Twitter.
COVID-19 infections are decreasing in Oman, with 187 reported per day on average over the past week, according to the Reuters COVID tracker.
There have been 300,914 cases in total and 4,020 coronavirus-related deaths so far.
From September 1, vaccination will be mandatory to enter government and private sector establishments (including malls, restaurants and other business outlets), as well as venues hosting cultural, sports and group activities.
From September 1, two-dose vaccination will be mandatory for people aged 18 years and above who wish to enter Oman through all land, sea and air borders, in addition to a PCR test before or upon arrival in the Sultanate. Those testing positive must undergo a 7-day quarantine and taken another PCR test on the eighth day.
South Korea and the United States will cut short annual joint military drills to five days from 11 and scale back some field training, the allies said on Wednesday, after President Donald Trump ordered a substantial reduction in US participation.
At least 100 people were killed when a low-tech artisanal gold mine collapsed in the Central African Republic on Tuesday, a senior official at a local mining association said.
An Israeli airstrike killed nine Palestinians at a police station in Gaza on Wednesday, medics said, two days after US envoy Jared Kushner ended a trip to the region that failed to push forward Donald Trump's plan to end the war in the enclave.
Thai schools conducted active shooter drills on Wednesday, as authorities moved to strengthen security measures two weeks after a 14-year-old opened fire at a school and killed at least eight people.